Monday, May 18, 2009

Class on May 18th

Well today we actually got into our classroom! That's always a good thing. Today we presented our egg projects. They ranged from dropping the egg off a massive viaduct to simply eating the egg. There was a broad range with the egg projects. None were similar at all. In a way it was enjoyable to be able to see differences instead of everyone turning in the same project and seeing the same presentation a dozen times. The presentations were refreshing in my personal opinion.

After the presentations, we took a quick break. However, this was not a usual break. We were instructed to take our chairs with us on the break. So everyone had to take their chair with them on their break. I must say that was the strangest break I have ever taken from a college class in my entire 3 years here at campus. Before class let out, we watched a video on modern art that was aired on PBS. The art had no structure, but I think it had meaning. Each piece of art that the artist did had a certain meaning to him personally. I do think some of it was to promote him and his work. On the other hand a few of his art pieces I really liked. Something I took away from his art is closely related to mathematical logic. For example, I can say that "2" represents the number two. But "2" is not two. It's merely a symbol to represent the number 2. In binary counting, two is represented "11". This is due to there only being either "1" or "0" to count with in binary. So some of the modern art shown in the video may not have looked like anything, but the art, in my personal opinion, were symbols for personal interpretation. So with all being said, I would consider it to not only be modern art, but also an art of symbols. Each piece of art is made up of symbols for personal interpretation. This was my personal take on the video. I thought it was quite an interesting video.

When the video finished, we discussed what some of our thoughts were on the video. After some final words, the class was dismissed.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment