Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Research Project


This is my final project. It is a combination of the greatest project in the whole universe and the research project.

The above pictures are the prints of my sisters wedding program that I designed for her. As many designers know, the client, who this time happened to be family, did not want the same thing for her program I wanted. Hence, this was the final design that was used at the wedding. These pictures are sideways because they were designed to go straight into the printer to make the program easier to print. Considering I did not have alot of time with this project and I didn't get the content until a few days before the wedding, I had to make sure the printing process went smoothly. Overall, I am proud of this design. With the amount of time I was given, I am pleased with the outcome. At the wedding, people were mostly focused on the main event. Of course this was my sister getting married. But my programs got some attention. There were numerous people that commented on the programs in a positive way. But it got me thinking. What if for my final project I researched how well I designed my sister's wedding program? In addition, what if I researched her design choices versus mine? What if this showed something? So you will see no research here in this post. Because there is none, YET. I will be doing my research inclass where I have access to a classroom full of designers.

There are a few things about this program I would like to address. My sister wanted the program to be black and white. So I did not have the luxury of color. Not to mention that adds to the price when you are at the print shop. The other is the exaggerated text. In my opinion, I think a less intensive text that was not so fancy would have done the job, but my sister wanted the fancy exaggerated formal wedding type text. So if you are looking for sideways, how about a final project that is a wedding program that has exaggerated text in it and the research won't be done until the class finishes it for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment