Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Serious Play

I thought the video on serious play was cool. Most of what he said about how we throw away ideas because we think they are silly is something I can truly relate to. On more than one occasion I have had ideas, but brushed them off because I thought they were dumb or not professional enough. When the video finished, it gave me a better idea of how I wanted to play. I decided to play with one of my favorite creative toys from my past. Legos.

First I had to find out where I had put them. After searching my basement for a while, I finally found them in my bedroom closet. Ironically enough, they were quite close by. I got all my Legos out and started remember about when I was younger. By just pulling them out of their container, it really brought me back to the past. They might just be plastic toys but they are ones I remember and each set of Legos almost truly told a story of my past. Being quite rusty with Legos I didn't build any masterpieces but that was not the point really. I just built the first things that came to my mind. Overall, the experience wasn't too bad. I truthfully had no clue what to expect from this, but it was alright. Legos are one of those toys that have a never ending possibility. The sky is the limit. That's one thing I loved about them when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment