Monday, June 22, 2009

Tonight's class

Basically for today's class, we watched two movies. When class began, we were asked to think about who we are and what type of person we are. Then we watched a movie about people who had taken who they were and made it into where they live. They took their vision and created it so they could live in their creation. It was a very interesting video and it truly made me think about what I would do if I get the chance to build my own house. What would I do? Would I build just another normal house or would I dig deep within myself to find MY house plans.

The second movie was about a sculpture artist that designed his work in nature. At the beginning, it was hard to see what he was doing or where he was going with his work, however at the end I began to realize what he was trying to accomplish. There were two very striking aspects of this second movie. The first was that when the artist worked on his work, he almost completely used his hands. Only a handful of times did I see him use a hammer or a simple pocket knife. His work was very much built by him and his own hands. He had simple tools for a unique design. The other aspect of this video that I found striking was the camera work. When the camera would pan his work it did not focus on the sculpture that had been created. It simply panned the area and the sculpture seemed to stand out itself. Almost as if the camera did not need to focus on the main point of the shot, but that the viewers found the main point of the shot without being forced to focus on it. There was no need to focus on what was simply unique and interesting to view.

Until class Wednesday! Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment